Tomorrow is the first Monday of 2021. For many, Mondays are a dreaded day. Why is this? Monday represents a new beginning of a workweek and offers those of us who are self-employed, a new opportunity?
How you determine to enter your Monday is completely up to you. You can either choose to see this day as a time for a new start or you can see it as a hardship. The attitude you choose will be your directive.
For me, I see Mondays as the perfect way to get ready for whatever lies ahead. In order to prepare for a Monday, I do engage in a few activities to ensure I am prepared to take on the new week with vigor and enthusiasm.
Here are five tips to set yourself up for a successful Monday:
- On Sunday evenings, take a moment to review your weekly schedule. Understanding what is coming up will help you navigate more effectively.
- Plan the times in your schedule with meaningful activities that help you balance your life. Exercise, family time, reading, etc.
- Pack your briefcase or bag so you aren’t rushing around in the morning.
- Go to sleep at a decent time on Sunday evening so you can begin your week rested and refreshed.
- Try and get your laundry, household chores, etc. completed before the week begins. This will free you up during a busy week.
I am sure you have a routine that works for you. The point is to do whatever you can to create a smooth start to your week. A few well-planned steps can help you experience Monday in a new way.
With 52 Mondays in 2021, you have an opportunity to enter this new year with the determination to begin each week with a fresh attitude. How have you historically handled your Mondays? Why not choose to see Monday as the beginning of a great adventure, new things to learn, and a chance to create success!