Hey Y’all! It’s finally Fall and here in Granbury, Texas, we need listings like crazy! Our available months of inventory is approaching below 2 months! Yikes! That means we are on the hunt for Sellers.
Fall is a great time to list your home as many families want to be in a new home by the holidays. Also, when you are out showing and viewing homes, the cooler Fall temperatures are alluring to buyers. If you have ever considered listing your home, here are some tips and tricks:
1. Gussy up that front elevation of your house. Powerwash, clean the windows, trim the hedges, touch up any areas that need paint, and plant some seasonal flowers.
2. Fill the home with fresh, Fall scents. No need to purchase overly-scented plug-ins, just place a few cinnamon sticks to simmer with some orange slices and cloves and voila – a lovely, homey scent!
3. Make sure all lamps and lights are on for showings along with open drapes and shades. Allow as much light in as possible.
4. Clear out the clutter. Pack it up or throw it out! Your home shows so much better when there is less.
5. Clean your home from top to bottom. Yes, people do open closets, and look behind doors!
6. Clean out the gutters, wash the sidewalks and driveways. The better the first impression is of your home, the better opportunity to get top dollar.
7. Have your REALTOR® come out for a pre-listing tour. Your agent is a wealth of information on how to prepare your home to get it on the market.
8. If you have too many large pieces of furniture, consider moving some items out. Trust me, this can make a huge difference in how your home shows and photographs.
9. Be realistic. Your agent will provide you with the current market conditions. Although you may want to get a certain price, if it isn’t in line with the market, your home may sit.
10. Be patient. Offers come in all shapes and sizes. Important aspects of offers are not only price but also, financing, contingencies, closing dates, down payment amounts, and other concessions.
If now is the time for you to list, give us a call! Beam & Branch Realty has excellent real estate professionals who will guide you through the process. We are great at what we do and we get results!