In Texas, we are finally seeing a break in the weather and it officially feels like Fall Y’all! Those of you in the north are most likely snickering at us southern folks but nonetheless, we get excited about Fall weather. Now is a great time to do a bit of Fall staging either to boost your home showings or for your own, cozy pleasure.
Some of my favorite Fall staging tips include:
- Bring in a few fall-colored throws to accent chairs and sofas. Even placing a few fall throws in a basket in the corner add instant warmth and color.
- Place a small boiling pot on the stove and fill with cinnamon sticks, whole cloves, and fresh orange peel. Allow to simmer to create a delicious fall scent to fill your home.
- Small vignettes of fall decor and color can add depth and appeal throughout your home. The key however, is to keep these simple. Not every single area needs fall decor.
- Change out kitchen & guest bath hand towels to a fall theme.
- At the front door, place a few pumpkins of various sizes to create a welcoming entrance.
- Create a fall place setting to enjoy all season long. A simple place setting can include a fall runner, fall leaves, small pumpkins, etc. Again, the best rule is to keep it simple.
- If you collect old books, see if any have an orange or brown cover and use these as a staging props. Super cute and they look great with a simple fall ribbon around them or a single pumpkin on top.
Whatever you like to do to transform your home into a cozy, fall retreat, just remember the goal is to create warmth and comfort. Nothing too fussy or overwhelming.
Bring on the cooler temperatures! Happy Fall Ya’ll!
Paula has extensive staging experience and loves to provide this service to her clients. Let her know if you could use a hand to stage your home to sell or to just give it a new look. Beam & Branch Realty, located on the historic Granbury Square is your go-to real estate company!